Re: [tlug] Installing Linux without a CD or DVD drive

On Dec 29, 2007 3:11 PM, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> In any case, bottom line, my intention is to permanently install Ubuntu
> onto a laptop that has no CD/DVD drive. I think the most likely way is
> with a USB drive, but I'm open to anything. What is the best way to do that?

As nobody has mentioned this before, there is also Wubi[1] - Ubuntu
installer for Windows through internet.
A friend of mine made the installation leaving the computer with Dual
boot, but according to the Wubi web site you can also upgrade your
Wubi installation to a standard Ubuntu using LVPM[2].

[1] - http://wubi-installer.org/
[2] - http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html

Hope it helps.

--