Re: [tlug] Installing Linux without a CD or DVD drive

On 12/29/07, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> The laptops I'm considering do have USB input, so if I could find
> someone who had an external USB CD/DVD drive, then that would do it.

You would need to check the BIOS to see if you can boot from a USB
device. If not then installing from a USB CD drive will not bring much
joy. Successfully booting from Knopix would indicate it an install
from the same device "might" be doable...

Also, another route (besides the network install mentioned by others)
would be to see if you can install from a PC Card CD drive. I have
such a drive that you are welcome to borrow and test with.

Regards, Keith