Re: [tlug] Mencoder conversion of files

Lyle,

are the tools being
discussed capable of frame-specific accurate editing?

I would personally go mad trying to do such a task from the command line.

I recommend Kdenlive:
http://www.kdenlive.org/

If you just need to do some things that apply to your entire clip, like de-interlace or resize, then ffmpeg or Mencoder are the way to go.

If you want to edit in points and out points, and start doing fancy things like fade in and out between clips and have audio go up and down and whatnot, then go for the GUI.

It does crash, so save often. But, unlike other Linux based video editors, it can get you to the end, has enough features to make a respectable edit, and is easy enough to figure out by poking around.

I just finished a ten minute editing project with Kdenlive, and there were bumps in the road, but overall it was good.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G