Re: [tlug] Amazon Kindle

On 2007-11-26 07:53 +0900 (Mon), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > The Librie was a classic Sony failure:
>
> I *wish* it was "classic *SONY*", but unfortunately it's more like
> "classic nihon denshiya".  Remember the Zaurus?

The Zaurus is still going strong, isn't it? They seem to regularly
produce new models, and, very much unlike Sony stuff, it runs a standard
OS (Linux), uses standard memory cards, and so on.

> And it's almost hysterical the way the Japanese denshiya are repeating
> the Betamax fiasco with Bloo-Ray.[1] Same time, same channel, same
> leading actors just about.

I'm not sure that this will be anywhere near the same kind of fiasco.
First, Blue-ray, as well as being technically better (which in some
respects--particularly playing time--Betamax was not), it is also being
produced in much higher volumes, mainly due to the PlayStation 3. This
in turn is bringing down prices faster than HD-DVD. Second, even now
drives are available that can read both Blue-Ray and HD-DVD.

cjs
Starling Software     <office-admin@example.com>