Re: Linux docs (was:Re: [tlug] Re: IPv6)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:51:03 +0900
Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> I think most programmers of most open source projects would bend down
> and kiss your feet if you offered to write documentation, especially if
> it is tutorial/how-to documentation, which the main developers are
> generally incapable of. Knowing the internals is very much optional.

It is really like this. Most projects i know are always
looking for people writing documentation in a way that
even the users can understand. From that point it's actually
better if the documentation write doesn't have too much
knowledge about the code, but then writing gets very frustrating
as you have to ask for every bit of information.

But then again, most developers dont mind explaining
things in details over and over again if they know that
others will definitly profit from it.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred