RE: Linux docs (was:Re: [tlug] Re: IPv6)

burlingk@example.com writes:

 > How hard is it to get involved in documentation projects?

It's a bitch.  You really need to understand the project's code, and
know what the developers are trying to accomplish, to do it well.

The only real documentation that you can sort of just dip into is the
translation stuff (eg Ubuntu's Rosetta stuff, gettext).

You can always report bugs against documentation, but those often get
ignored because the developers think they're gonna change the behavior
anyway.

 > alone.  :P  However, I am pretty sure that there must be a number
 > of projects in existence already where people are trying to document
 > some part of their chosen OS.

Linux documentation project, for one.