Re: [tlug] Recommended light weight browser

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:07:46 -0500, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>
wrote:

> It supports gmail.  On the other hand, as others have suggested, you
> might be better off simply using your own mail client to pull in (and
> send out) gmail.

One of the main (in my books) advantages of gmail is that it allows the
user to post mail that is not traceable back to his/her IP address (eg:
posting on anti-spam fora without inviting revenge attacks from disgruntled
spammers), but only if the webmail interface is used. If you use gmail with
a regular MUA, the mail is traceable back to your IP.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
 neither do we."
       -- President George W. Bush addressing the Pentagon, 05-AUG-2004