Re: [tlug] Recommended light weight browser

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 08:51:54AM +0100, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2007 6:59 AM,  <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> > > I've been a fan of FireFox up to 2.0.0.8 but since 2.0.0.9, FF asked
> > me
> > > a lot of extra memory that I don't have.
> > > So I am looking for another alternative ( under Linux and Windows )
> > that supports Gmail

Opera.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.  It's only drawback
is that it's a bit stricter when it comes to standards, and as so many
web sites ignore standards these days, some pages won't render properly.
However, I use it for my everyday browsing and it's fine in 99 percent
of the cases.

It supports gmail.  On the other hand, as others have suggested, you
might be better off simply using your own mail client to pull in (and
send out) gmail.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Every time you show up like this, you risk all your parts,
you know that?
Spike: I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a good reason. As
usual, I'm here to help you and I... are you naked under there?
Buffy: Get out.
Spike: No, I'm serious. I mean, not about the naked part...