Re: Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

Curt Sampson writes:

 > Is that 512 byte blocks or 1K blocks? If the latter, it's impressive.

It's a Linux du.  Be impressed.  (Hint: we Linux users can't multiply by
two, and wouldn't know engineering notation if was stamped on our noses.)

Note that 1/3 of it is in Boost.  In case you don't know what Boost
is, it's an evil plot by Bjarne which consists of millions of little
header viruses.  People think they're safe because they're only
headers, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean if I say "STL template
instantiations.  Boys and girls, these stunts are performed by
professional drivers on closed courses; don't try this at home."

Significant amounts come from PostgreSQL.

Finally, it's an ext2 filesystem, and probably has 16K blocks ... ie,
it's actually all waste space, most likely. ;-)