Re: [tlug] Where can I buy Debian CDs in Tokyo?

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 02:47:43AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
On 9/21/2007, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:

It's kind of like sushi; most of the sushi places in California are
hitting about the same quality level as what you'd get at a reasonable
supermarket in Japan. The best of the best here could make a go of it in
Japan, but most of them would probably not make the cut.
I've had some sushi back in the US, but not much. A friend took me to a place near the Ueno Kesei trainstation that was far better than anything I've had in the states. It wasn't one of the fancy places and sushi was only 130 yen per plate. namu beer was only 500 yen. It was less expensive and far better than anything I've had before.

See, there, you're fortunate. I don't eat sushi myself (I ordered it
once and said, "Waiter, this fish is raw, take it back and cook it) but
my wife says that the decent ones are few, far between, and expensive.
There are a number of Chinese or Korean ones around--as we all know, to
most Americans, it's all the same, and she ate at one once. Wound up
picking up a parasite and was on medication for two weeks.

I don't know if there's anything to it, but my friend said "Eat the Ginger. It cleans the pallet and is supposed to help prevent parasites."

A friend sent this link proporting to be "the truth about Japanese Restaurants" that I found to be quite funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FiODCsLh4

Steve S.