Re: [tlug] Where can I buy Debian CDs in Tokyo?

Lyle H Saxon writes:

 >  Remember that Neil Young song that goes:

I was thinking more of the Billy Joel song that goes "Uptown girl,
you've been living in your white class world" (or something like
that).

The uptown/downtown distinction has always been classist, and in the
immortal words of that famed Japan-lover/basher Karel van Wolferen,
"nowhere more so than in Japan".  Yama-no-te and all that.

The least classist usage is the one you describe, where downtown is
the commercial district where you can just wander in and there will be
a reason you'll find to be there, and the opposite of downtown is
"everywhere else," where you need to know why you're going there to
want to go there.

BTW, unlike Stuart, I like the class distinction.  I find out where
"uptown" is, and then go anywhere else. :-)  Unless I'm going to the
opera. :-) :-)

I wonder if there's a Debian CD with all these golden oldies on it?
That would be cool!  (Oh, sorry, Josh, forgot the C&C again, did I?)