Re: [tlug] New computer parts

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Jason Hall wrote:

gregt@example.com wrote:
A single card with 2 connectors.

I agree. I hadn't noticed before that most DVI connection cards come with VGA adapters. I'll go with an nVidia video card with 2 DVI connectors.

Note that the card and DVI connector may also have support for analogue (i.e., standard VGA, as opposed to digital) video. This would be transferred over the four pins on either side of the long, flat pin on the connector. If so, you can use a simple adapter to get a regular VGA pinout, or just the appropriate cable.

Some devices, such as my video projector, even take VGA input over a DVI
connector.

cjs