Re: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming'root'in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

steven smith wrote:
Curt Sampson wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, steven smith wrote:

Bill Joy said QUOTE
...It took a long time. It was really hard to do because you've got to remember that I was trying to make it usable over a 300 baud modem. That's also the reason you have all these funny commands.

This, I'm not buying. Do you have a plausable explanation why the key sequence for vi's "change to end of line" command is noticably more
:1,$s/curt//g

Opps -- guess that's ed syntax.