Re: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming'root'in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

Curt Sampson wrote:

I don't think this is exactly the point. First of all, the original
vi was developed on and for 9600 bps text terminals, and second, even
modern vi works on a 300 bps link. (nvi still has support for shortening
the screen size based on the terminal speed, as far as I know.)
It sounds like it was a pretty big deal at the time:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/09/11/bill_joys_greatest_gift/

Steve S.