Re: [tlug] New computer parts

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 05:57:52PM +0900, Jason Hall wrote:

> 1) Is it better to find a board with two IDE connectors or is it any
> problem to add a 2,000 yen PCI card to get a couple more? (In that
> case, can I connect 6 drives or just 4?)

Assuming you get two channels on the PCI card, they will happily add to
the one on the motherboard.  This gives 6 drives in total.

> 2) Same for the firewire. Any significant difference between onboard
> or an added PCI card?

None, as onboard controllers sit on the PCI bus, too.

Keep in mind however that not every mainboard today comes with two or
more ordinary PCI slots.

Cheers,
 David
--
 David Santinoli
 Tieffe Sistemi S.r.l.                      viale Piceno 21, Milano