Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On Aug 19, 2007, at 10:50 AM, <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 5:14 PM

burlingk@example.com writes:

How many players currently exist though that work properly
and are legal to posess and use in most countries?

I don't understand the relevance of the question. There are lots, they all cost some money, generally are embedded in hardware... <snip>

Ok, I took for granted the context. I should have been more clear. What I meant to ask, is how many DVD player programs are there for Linux that are legal to posess and use in most countries.

IIrc there was once one packed with TurboLinux or so.
Everything else either can't play back encrypted DVDs or uses DeCSS which is illegal in a lot of industrialized countries.
How many MP3-players are out there for Linux where you can say that they are legally using the codec (which means have licensed it)?

Niels