Re: [tlug] Best sound card for Linux

Lyle,

Thank you for responding.
Hmm... I haven't bought any sound cards for a couple of years, but the
Creative ones I bought before worked fine with Linux
This seems to be the issue. Older cards, like the "SB16" and maybe the "Audigy" series, seem to be supported. But newer ones, which seem mostly to be in an "X" series, like the "X-Fi", are not supported so well.

It's a matter of what is out in the stores now being not so well supported, so far as I can tell.

Although, if someone had a recommendation of where I could get a reliable used card, that would be fine too.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G