Re: [tlug] Total operational cost... hard stats anywhere?

Dave M G writes:

 > So there's when someone says "the real reason people don't adopt Linux
 > is because of the TOC", they're either just talking smack, or at best
 > they're just taking their own personal experience and imposing it on
 > everyone else.

Well, they may have more general information than just personal, and
they could simply *define* TOC to be "whatever sums up their decision"
or a near equivalent.

 > Either way, they don't really have much substance to back up what
 > they say.
 >
 > Would you say that's a fair assessment?

No, because you don't really know, either.  Here, I can say I agree
with you, but my experience and intuition says that you'd need to
write a book to deal with that argument in public.

Just smile knowingly and walk away.... ;-)