Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 8/17/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
> In the environment that I currently operate in, as well as back home,
> the three biggest thing that people seem to use their computer for is
> video games, music, and movies.  In the current market, not having a
> dvd rom drive is grounds not to buy a machine.  Not being able to use
> it, is just as bad as it not being there.

Not too many people around the world are stuck on board a ship for
weeks on end. Your use case is probably not indicative of the more
common way that people watch DVDs. Which I assume to be on a TV with a
DVD player attached...

Having said that I have met many people that when buying their first
computer are really excited because the sales person said they could
also watch DVDs on it. Most of these people watch one DVD on their
computers and then migrate back to the lounge room to watch the next
one/s.

Road warriors are another group of people that may watch a DVD or two
on their laptops. When they find themselves in a hotel with not cable.
But who watns to lug around a bag load of DVDs. Having said that most
of the road warriors I've met that do watch movies on their laptops
are also avid bittorrent users...

Regards, Keith