Re: [tlug] Skype Withdrawal

On 18/08/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear what you are finding with your Skype usage
> since Friday afternoon.

My wife uses the Mac OS X version of Skype, which, AFAIK, has been
fine most of the time. I don't think my wife noticed an outage,
because she would have almost certainly said something to me.

> The "Who's Online" changes  sort of dribble in over the next 30 minutes,
> or so.

Now this may be happening to the Mac OS X version as well-it is not
the sort of thing that you notice unless you are a pretty heavy user.

As for blogging heads and loss of trust, the only trust I placed in
Skype is to let my wife make cheap calls to her family and stay in
touch. I would not use Skype for business-critical functions where I
cannot have a 12-hour outage.

SLAs cost money, and you should not covince yourself that "Skype will
never go down for a day!"  just because it has not yet. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh