Re: [tlug] Skype Withdrawal

Josh Glover wrote:
On 17/08/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

Am I the only one going through Skype Withdrawal.

Is something wrong with Skype? It seems to be working fine from here.

If you didn't try to log on before about 0400 GMT (noonish, here), you wouldn't know. The whole system just fell in on itself yesterday afternoon. Somebody screwed up a security algorithm and it brought the peer-to-peer network down.

I fear my NTT bill for next month ...

PrimusTel has a special deal for TLUGgers; you might want to look into that. See the footer of this email for details.

I have PrimusTel on my keitai, but my keitai is old (I'm waiting for one particular model to drop a little more in price) and people abroad complain about the sound quality. The guys at Primus jimmied the system a bit, but it was only temporary. NTT wants you to use "010" and doesn't like "00++" numbers. They wouldn't let me change my contract or setup to permit it when I wanted to.

--
CL