Re: [tlug] RMS Missing ?

>   RMS suggested that adjusting an GNU Emacs API to the current
> > XEmacs usage is the best way to go, and one Emacs developer wrote to
> > me to ask "who is that guy posting from rms's address, and what have
> > you done with Richard?"

> One hytheposis is that, RMS is impersonated. It is too easy to send an
> email that has "From: RMS".

Actually, if I interpret this correctly, it is vindication for the
XEmacs team.

see
http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/xemacs-faq_2.html#SEC52

Furthermore, RMS's assertion that XEmacs is "GNU" seems rather bizarre
to the XEmacs developers given RMS's hostility and general lack of
interest in cooperation. "GNU" software in general is part of the GNU
Project, is distributed by it on their FTP site, and receives support
(or at least cooperation), as well as implicit endorsement, from it. The
GNU Project, however, has never supported XEmacs and never distributed
XEmacs, and RMS's hostility is the farthest thing possible from an
endorsement. In fact, the GNU Project distributes a number of non-GNU
software projects on the FSF web site, but again XEmacs is not one of
them.