Re: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT]US politics

A surprising (to me, anyway) number of posts on this group seem to
center around US politics rather than Linux, Japanese computing, or
open source / free software. A quick question to those who have been
here longer than i: roughly what proportion of the list membership are
now or have ever been US citizens?

I don't mind the political chatter; as a US citizen myself i am well
aware of the many problems that the US has chosen to have, and i have
certainly not been on this list long enough to suggest what topics are
or are not appropriate (i like the current "almost anything-goes"
approach). And much of the political discussion is interesting, even if
it is not always challenging. (It seems many technical folk have
libertarian and liberal leanings that are more often agreed with than
challenged by other people within the group.) I realize the US has a
very long arm[*], but it strikes me as odd that the *Tokyo* LUG so
often focuses on *US* politics.

[*] For the non-native speakers: that expression means the US has a
    lot of influence and power.