Re: [tlug] Apache is eating my CPU usage

Darren,

Thank you for responding.

That is interesting. Have you scanned the access and error logs for the
period just after the apache restart?
The /var/log/apache2/error.log just has about 5 lines that repeat this:

PHP Warning: Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Aug 09 17:55:23 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.1 configured -
- resuming normal operations
[Sun Aug 12 07:35:24 2007] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

 Is there a php (or something) page
being called that could narrow down the problem?
It is entirely possible that the PHP scripts I am working on may in some way be causing a loop or maintaining some kind of connection. But, I can't think of anything obvious that would do that. To the extent of my knowledge, all my scripts complete all their tasks and exit cleanly.

Is there any way I can diagnose within the Apache process or error logs to pinpoint more accurately what is happening when it is chewing up CPU cycles?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G