Re: [tlug] Positive Promotion of Linux

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 11:07:45AM +0900, Lyle H Saxon wrote:

> Yes, this I agree with.  I have come around to this line of thinking -
> that positive promotion is better than negative statements (even when
> they're true).  In private I think I'll probably still rant a bit
> about brand-W, but in a public forum like this, it's better to remain
> positive and focused on a positive outcome ("on-message" as is
> sometimes said).  Remember - the best defense is offense!

Also, when you tell someone, "The operating system you use is terrible,"
you are indirectly challenging them.   From an advocacy standpoint,
saying, "YOU'RE WRONG!" is far less effective than saying, "Y'know, I've
been doing this, and it's working well for me."

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: We're right behind you, only further back.