Re: [tlug] Remove Innodb to help server memory

>> In any case, you can see whats loaded in your mysql or any
>> process using
>>
>>   pmap -x <pid_of_interest>
>
> I've got mysqld (pid 2958) running...
>
> Yet,
> pmap -x 2958
> (returns nothing)

Did you run pmap as root? I get nothing as a normal user, but loads when
I try as root. But most of them say [anon] and I don't see anything to
do with innodb.

Dave's question was:
> So my question is, do you guys agree with the advice from my
> web hosting support?

No personal knowledge, but the person you quoted sounded like he knew
what he was talking about. So if you are not using InnoDB databases then
adding skip-innodb to your configuration sounds like a good idea
(assuming saving 90MB of memory matters).

To see if you are using InnoDB in a database run:
  show table status;
(phpmyadmin also displays this information). I see engine as "MyISAM" in
all tables in the database I'm looking at.

Darren