Re: [tlug] Remove Innodb to help server memory

 Hi,
> > Additionally, If you are not using innodb tables, then I would highly
> > suggest adding the skip-innodb line to your configuration, as the innodb
> > module a very large amount of memory (I have seen mysql drop from
> > 100-120mb of memory usage to 30-40mb.). If you do need to have innodb
> > tables, then there are settings that you can tweak to make it more
> > memory efficient.
> I don't *think* I'm using innodb, but that's only based on the
> assumption that since I haven't explicitly set it up myself that maybe
> it isn't being used.

Isn't it enabled by default.
> If I understand my situation correctly from reading
> on the web, I'm using MyISAM only, but I'm not 100% confident in that.
>
> Innodb might be part of some default value that I am not aware of.

Um I think so.  Even without adding support on install, the support was
there for me to use innodb tables.

I read someplace the memory allocated for innoudb won't be used by
MyISAM tables so if some is being allocated, it would seem like a waste.
I can't say 100% that is it being allocated on startup if you don't have
innoudb indexes to load though.

Shawn