Re: [tlug] How to use FF's shortcuts [C&C?]

On 10/08/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > Would you, or another vi ninja on the list, be willing to do a vi demo?
>
> I'd contemplate it, but I think I'd do the world more good by writing a
> little course on becoming a vi power-user.

Right, but that would take more time to prepare, right? For a 10-15
minute TLUG demo, you could probably whip together an interesting
workflow example in 30 minutes. Or hell, you could just come in and
hack on some code for 10-15 minutes with no prep and answer questions
about how you did this, that, or the other.

A really interesting thing might be to use a keylogger (or does Vim,
like XEmacs, have a way to record your key-presses) so we could see
your commands in real time.

> Non-power-users are not likely to be much less
> efficient in Emacs than vi, and for someone really wanting to do good
> stuff, I'd be very tempted to recommend that they learn that in Emacs.

But what about Vim users who are not yet experts, but have used Vim
for too long for switching to [X]Emacs to be an option?

> (Man, I'm doing a bad job on this editor war.)

Yeah, I'll be the first to agree that you suck. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh