Re: [tlug] How to use FF's shortcuts

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

I use arrow keys to navigate in XEmacs, Firefox, and bash. Does that
give you the datapoint you needed? :)

Yup: not a serious touch typist. I type over 100 wpm on a good day, and one of the biggest things I like about vi is that it keeps my fingers on the home row when I navigate.

(Generally, the navigation in vi is much more efficient than Emacs,
as far as I've seen. Something like "move to the space before third
instance of the word 'foo' ahead of the cursor and replace the rest
of the the paragraph with a period seems to me a heck of a lot fewer
keystrokes than most editors.)

cjs