Re: [tlug] [RFC] Proposed method for TAGGING subjects

On 10/08/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Bikeshed discussions are not why people like me and Chris left.

I think http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Tools/Attitude/why-i-must-leave-tlug.html
sums up the issues at the time, and that is why I posted a link to it.
I wish people would read it before trying to tell me[1] why people
leave TLUG.

If you don't care about the history of TLUG, that is fine. But just
keep in mind that a lot of these discussions were had back in 2002,
and the decisions that came out of those threads have kept TLUG going
pretty well until now.

Cheers,
Josh

[1] Not only was I there at the time, I do not think it is a stretch
to say that I was one of the primary people, along with Ayako Kato and
Jonathan Byrne (and surprisingly enough, given the fact that he had
left the list, Steve himself; he wrote the first draft of the "TLUG
Posting FAQ"[2] that Ayako, JB, and I turned into the current List
Policy doc[3]), that picked up the pieces afterwards and tried to lure
the experts back to the list. We did an OK job, if TLUG's current
vitality is any indicator.
[2] http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Tools/Attitude/posting-to-tlug-faq.html
[3] http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php