Re: [tlug] [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

On 8/9/07, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> The other advantage (for me) is that its default is ctl+space
> and uim, at least on NetBSD when I last used it, is shift+space.  (I'm
> sure I could figure out how to change this with a very small bit of
> reading, but I never bothered.)  I tend to hit shift+space far more
> often than I would hit ctl+space by accident.

There is an easy way to switch this to ctr-space for uim. That was one
of the quirks about uim I didn't like in the beginning. You can modify
~/.uim.d/customs/custom-global.scm and set toggle-im-key to "<Control>
" (there is a space after <Control>):

(define toggle-im-key '("<Control> "))

or

if you have uim-pref-gtk installed, simply change the "Input method
toggle key" on the "Global Settings" screen.

After that things should feel a lot more like scim for you. But as
long as you are happy with scim that is all that matters.

--
sam