Re: [tlug] Re: Suggestions for splitting of mails?

emiddleton@example.com writes:

 > The issue is not to help amateurs write better subject lines, though
 > this is an added advantage.  The issue is that most of our 'experts'
 > can't dedicate a lot of time to such a general list.  The current
 > situation has been that they either lurk or disappear altogether.

AFAICS, experts don't read TLUG because they're looking for feet to
wash.  I believe they read TLUG because there are interesting and
friendly people posting.  If somebody posts about multimedia codecs,
Marcus will typically pick up the thread.  If somebody posts about
dictionaries or codecs, Jim B will often join in.  I don't think that
uninformative subject lines is much of a deterrent.

I think that tags are mostly for searching or browsing the archives
for general information about a specific problem.  Online, they're
somewhat useful to follow the progress of a technical thread (eg,
SOLVED or SUMMARY tags), and to save Josh expenditure on keitai and
keyboards (not to mention his coffee costs).