Re: [tlug] Re: Suggestions for splitting of mails?

CL wrote:
> Josh Glover wrote:
>> On 07/08/07, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On topic: I think the ideas for relevant subject modifiers are good
>>> too, given the situation where people don't actually remember what
>>> "subject" means :-)
>>
>> Well, there is what subject means, and what it has come to mean. Like
>> it or not, correct or not, I'd say the vast majority of people, like
>> Gmail, use subject for lite threading.
>
> I think that subject modifiers are an expert solution to a primarily
> amateur problem.

The issue is not to help amateurs write better subject lines, though
this is an added advantage.  The issue is that most of our 'experts'
can't dedicate a lot of time to such a general list.  The current
situation has been that they either lurk or disappear altogether.  If we
want them to stick around we need to make TLUG more accessible.

Edward