Re: [tlug] Email issues: Greylisting might be cause of Delays

On Monday 06 August 2007 14:09, jep200404 wrote:
>"Daniel A. Ramaley" wrote:
>> I've also noticed that my own posts are often delayed by many hours
>> before they come through
>
>Study greylisting:
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting

I'm familiar with greylisting, but completely neglected to consider it.
We aren't doing greylisting at this end, but if the list server is,
that would certainly explain the delay. I don't mind the delay if it
means less spam making it onto the list (or less spam ending up in a
queue somewhere requiring moderator intervention).