Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:12:31 +0900, <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> No internet at the moment, so I can't look at
> The picture.  :P  However, last I checked a liter
> and a quart were less than an ounce off.  That would
> mean your guestimate of a pint should be pretty close. ^_^

Of course, this is all compunded by the differences between UK and US
liquid measurements.

UK and US >> 1 gallon == 8 pints

UK only >> 1 pint == 20 floz, or roughly 568 ml.
Memory helper learned as a child: "A pint of pure water weighs a pound and
a quarter."

US only >> 1 pint == 16 floz, or roughly 454 ml.
"A pint of pure water weighs a pound without the quarter" ??

What are the conventions in Japan? (YADATROT*)

(*) - RIP, Norman...

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Let's call it an accidental feature.