Re: [tlug] Re: font/char set question

Edmund Edgar wrote:
> Just wondering: Do you, or does anyone else, maintain a publicly
> available list of wierd hyphens or other Unicode characters that don't
> strictly speaking map neatly back to anything in Shi(f)t-JIS, but in
> practice can be converted to something that does? (Encapsulated in a
> neat little class representing legacy-compatible-UTF8 strings would be
> best...)

Don't know if it is relevant to your situation, but I recalled solving
this issue in java when working with shiftjis oracle databases.
You can see the relevant unicode names and codepoints below.

/**
 * Oracle の SJIS のDBテーブルのから Java Unicode のエンコディング変更直し
 *
 * @param data Oracle SJIS DB example.com
 * @return example.com
 */
public static String fixOracleConversions(String data)
{
	if(data.indexOf('\u301C') != -1)
	{
		// 文字 example.com (?) を example.com@(~) example.com