Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Curt Sampson writes:

 >      o for a product that does not support Microsoft, whihc leads Lyle
 >        to buy a laptop from a small vendor rather than Dell,

If "does not support Microsoft" is a product spec that can be
determined by inspecting the physical product, they're the same.
However, my understanding is that "Lyle" needs to see the companies'
books to find out if a financial transfer is occurring.  That is
"externality in preference", and it really gums up the works.

 > Got some web-accessable references (or a Wikipedia article suggestion)
 > for further information on what you're talking about?

Not offhand, the closest thing I could find was the article on
"Extended sympathy", which had no useful links and was so full of
jargon I'd have to think hard to translate into English, let along
Japanese. :-/  This is stuff that people don't talk about until you get
to PhD school.  Amartya Sen, who got the Nobel Prize in 1998, does
this kind of stuff (hardcopy referenced in "Extended sympathy"), but I
don't know if he's written anything accessible.  I mean, when you
juxtapose "Choice" and "Measurement", you're way outside of the way
normal sane people think. :-)

There's some related stuff in macro on the "dynastic family", but this
turns out to be implemented as "Father Knows Best"---unto the 7 and
70th generation.

Anything that smart ivory tower types go to such lengths to avoid
gotta be hard, nyet? :-)