Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

Josh Glover wrote:
Anyway, I shall not reply to this thread any more, but I look forward
to continuing this discussion next month, hopefully for the benefit of
a wider (or at least, different) audience than the TLUGgers who read
this deep. :)

As Josh already mentioned we are planning a panel discussion on the topic of hiring/interviewing developers as part of our monthly NinJava [http://ninjava.jp] meetings.

It don't think we'll be able to convince Joel Spolsky to fly over to Tokyo for this event but "resumes", "phone interviews", "code samples", "pair programming" and "Moving Mount Fuji" are very likely to be brought up :-)

Both Curt and Josh have agreed to give their (sometimes strong?) views. Also Zev Blut (ex-Ubit, now Cerego) and Rainer Mager (ex-Microsoft, now Vanten) have indicated they will be joining the panel. We expect many people to have lots of questions for them.

I'll post more details in the next days/weeks but tentatively we're aiming at Thursday August 23, 20:00, somewhere in Shibuya.

Peter