[tlug] An Economics Question

burlingk@example.com writes:

 > How proffitable is it in Japan to offer services building computers
 > for people?

There seem to be niches to be found with specialty systems.  I know
there are lots of medium-sized consultants delivering flyers for
computation-oriented rack systems (eg, 8-64 CPU SMP systems for
physical simulations and real-time fNMR analysis) to my box.  But
Tsukuba would be a Mecca for that kind of thing.

Typically they write as much about the computation software (parallel
FORTRAN compilers, etc) they include as about the hardware.