Re: Pair programming [ was: Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

> Sure. But what does pair programming solve that a formal review
> process does not?

Mr. T's "XP in a Nutshell":

   What does a formal review process solve that pair programming does
   not?  Nothing we can see, so why waste the effort?
"I am even so *still* not kidding!"

Well, just look at it from a different perspective. What is a code review but...a meeting.

Now I don't know if the word "meeting" inspires as much dread in you as
it does me, but personally, it's not a word I particularly associate
with "productivity."

cjs