Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Stephen,

Thanks for your comments.
You consistently misspell "Kingsley" as "Kinglsey".
Thanks for pointing that out. I've corrected it in my local copy. I'm sure I'll have some more edits to make as well, so I'll upload a corrected version when I've done a suitable amount of revision, instead of bothering Josh with every change.
Generally, it's very good.
Thank you.

For my taste it's probably about 30% too
long.
I might as well say it now since it does seem to come up now and again. There is a trade off between brevity and completeness, and I felt that I would rather err on the side of completeness. I feel that the audience I'm trying to reach is more likely "but what about...". As much as possible I wanted to write an article that contained answers to objections that can be anticipated.

Your other points about the definition of "dumping" and whether or not Microsoft is aware of the benefits of having pirate copies available are well noted. Overall I would say that I'm trying to keep it in layman's terms so I gloss over some details on market forces. But I might address issues you raise in more depth when the article is open to the public. Same for the point that it's cracked applications, as opposed to the operating systems themselves, that keep people tied to Windows.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04