Crafting Good Headers from the Archive . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] Re: Japanese in Xandros/Debian (lost the headers, sorry))

CL wrote:

> Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > Sigh, once again I deleted too quickly--this is mutt, so there's no
> > recovery.

> Do I politely mention the "A" word (archive) here?

He can recover the Subject from the archive, but not the
Message-id (for the In-reply-to and References header lines).
If the Message-id was added to what's visible in the archives,
then Scott could make a reply with a proper In-reply-to and
References header lines.

Ah! So I decided to look at the HTML source of the archive, and voila!
The blessed information is there. E.g., of any earlier letter of mine:

   http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0707/msg00866.html

I see:

which is close enough to the original header line:

So Scott _can_ make reply from the archives with good
In-reply-to header line and References lines,
although it would danged tedious to do.

Jim