Re: [tlug] [OT] Raising a geek (was: Interesting Hans Reiser article in Wired)

On 15/07/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

Just want to say "Bravo!" for an excellent autobiography!  As I
finished reading it, I thought "We're all seeking something...", which
was the sub-theme of something I tossed on my blog recently,

Thanks.

What has struck me so far in my (albeit shortish) like is the
commonality of the human experience. Everyone is seeking something
different, but as you point out, everyone is seeking something.

This came up in the nomikai last night, when I said something along
the lines of "my whole life has been rediscovering what other people
already found out". :)

BTW - You're a great auctioneer!  Where did you learn to do that?  At
Tsukiji maybe?

We talked about this at the nomikai as well, and the realisation was made that while my auctioneering technique is pretty good, Keith gets more money for stuff.

So next time, I will be the auctioneer, and he will be my lovely
assistant, showing off the goods and trying to drive prices up. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh