Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 03:55:44PM +0900, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> What I would like to do is just:
>
> 1. Take the video, resize it to a low resolution.
> 2. Take away audio and video quality to reduce it.

I think mplayer/mencoder/ffmpeg should do....

> 3. Take out scenes, add simple transitions, add some text at some
> places and even add some extra audio at some time line.

I remember reading a review of video editing software for Linux a few
months back that basically summed it up as not ready for prime time.
However, I couldn't google it up in 2 minutes so I'm not sure what it
was. However these 2 came back:
http://www.linux.com/articles/60624
http://www.linux.com/articles/60837
as well as a whole lot of other on "linux video editing".

Seems like there might be ok solutions for light weight editing.

> 4. Upload it to youtube.

Man.... I have NO idea how you would do that

BTW, I have found the rest of this thread quite interesting if
not necessarily to the point.

Ed