Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 8 juil. 07, at 14:38, Keith Bawden wrote:

On 7/8/07, Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@example.com> wrote:
On 8 juil. 07, at 03:43, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> The problem with behavioral economics is that you look at people doing

Why don't you simply call that sociology ?

Economics[1] is a branch of sociology[2].

Regards, Keith

[1] http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=economics
[2] http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=sociology

That is not what the definitions say. They say that economics is a social science, not that it is a branch of sociology.

What has been discussed here regarding what people buy and why they buy it is very close to what Bourdieu discusses in his books. A book I referred too in a recent post (Les structures sociales de l'économie) specifically deals why people who buy houses, and the rest of Bourdieu's work deals with people's perceptions of the world they are surrounded by and which "filters" applies to them depending on their social background.

But IANASociologist so I may have only a very superficial understanding of his work (that I still found eye opening in '95 with the huge strikes that literally stopped France).

Jean-Christophe Helary