Re: [tlug-admin] Re: [tlug] iptables - Tools for easy configuration

On 02/07/07, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:

On 7/2/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> What do you think? I think it could be a neat thing to start doing at
> meetings.

Well it sounds good but personally in this occasion I think we are not
discussing about opposite positions, we are talking about different
things that have the same effect but a different nature.
It's not a matter of right or not right. And it's not a matter of
"I'll try to convince you" ore not.

Exactly! Which is why we should do it. C'mon! I think both of us have excellent points, so let's present them. Point / Counterpoint sounds like a really cool thing to start doing at meetings, so let's set a strong precedent.

Unless you know I'm right so you are scared! ;-P

Seriously, if you feel at a disadvantage in English, we can do it in
Japanese. I'd offer Spanish but just ask Mauro's dad how much sense I
make in Spanish. ;)

Got fired and let my 14 children without food for two months...

14 that you *know* about, right mate? ;)

That's why I prefer to use iptables and no depend from a tool.
Finally I wanted to talk about _iptables_ and how to make a firewall
with it. I didn't want to talk about "firewalls" in general or "tools"
to configure iptables. If the people is more interested to learn
different tools and how to use them maybe you will give a better talk
about that than me.

Nah, I just think that an iptables talk would be more complete with some mention of front-ends.

> I think the format can keep it from getting flame-esque, and
> you and I respect each other enough to keep it technical and not take
> it personally.

Wait wait wait... what? respect?? Come on! Since you made me try the
worst beer I had ever drink... I can't respect you!! ;-)

Budweiser is not beer, so it is simply the worst "drink" or "piss" you've ever had.

Anyway I had never take personally a technical discussion... :)

Non è personale, esso è il commercio, eh paesan? ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh