Re: [tlug] Irfanview Via Wine

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 09:08:58AM +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> On 02/07/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>
> >On 7/1/07, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The name of the software you mentioned inferred that it was a photo
> >> *VIEWER*, not editor. They're completely different things.
> >
> >With ACDSee, it is both, and version 4.0 is a good combination of
> >speedy photo viewer, batch processor (rotation, resize, conversion)
> >and editor that is 2000 times speedier to use than PhotoShop or GIMP.
>
> You know what? I don't see any good reason to not hack ImageMagick
> support right into gqview to handle the basic batch processing stuff
> you want to do.
>
> If you send me a detailed requirements list of how you use ACDSee to
> do batch editing, I'll see if I can't put something together. It
> *shouldn't* be hard to do, but I have not seen gqview's codebase yet,
> so who knows.
>
> Still, it sounds like a cool feature; hell, I'd use it!

well, it's partly there already. You can setup custom editor command
using external utilities and at least my gqview here has jpeg rotation
commands already set. Adding more of them should be easy enough.

I guess you just need to get accustomed to imagemagik and maybe some
gmassage to add the wanted features.

cheers
--
mattia