[tlug] Irfanview Via Wine

Has anyone in the group had success in installing Irfanview (freeware
photo viewing and editing software) on Linux via Wine?  I have (on and
off) attempted installing one W-based application or another with
Wine, and usually had disappointing results.  Yesterday I was able to
install EditPad Pro (they have recently discontinued marketing a Linux
based version, so I was happy that the new version works via Wine) and
ACDSee 3.1 (with limited functionality), but I can't even begin the
installation process with Irfanview.

Looking on Google, there are reports of missing DLL files (one of
which I tried downloading and putting in the appropriate Wine folder -
to no effect), with a lot of non-free commercial offers to help.
Before I dig deeper into Google, is anyone here using Irfanview on
Linux?

Lyle