Re: [tlug] More joy with MMM Mode in XEmacs

The probable cause has been identified otherwise, but some asides:

Josh Glover writes:

 > > can think of is when using TRAMP or if it's the output of a program;
 > > is either the case?
 >
 > Ah... now that you mention it, the first time I do:
 >
 > C-x f /some/partial<TAB>
 >
 > I see:

I guess you just didn't notice it.  What happens is that TRAMP
registers a file-completion-handler as an autoload, and when that gets
invoked TRAMP gets loaded to supply the function implementation.  It's
possible that it got moved to autoload recently (and so the message
appeared recently), but that seems kinda silly if completing a file
name is going to load TRAMP anyway.

 > As for `eol-detection-enabled-p', how do I go about getting its value?

Hm.  Maybe that variable isn't available in 21.4.

 > is insurmountable in the confines of the time window I have. I'll try
 > to find another window soon and see if I cannot get a reasonable
 > ebuild. Maybe you can help with that, being a Gentooist yerself?

Well, I can test it, but I've never created or edited an ebuild, so
somebody else is going to have to do the heavier lifting.