Re: [tlug] Re: WWWJDIC backdoor issue

On 17/06/07, Edward Wright <edw@example.com> wrote:

Dunno if this applies to your situation or not, but I believe browsers
submit form contents in the same encoding as the page containing the
form, tho IIRC this is not a standards requirement.

Interesting. I wonder what Firefox is doing, in this case?

Here's a test. I submitted "jje ããã" (jje is the keyword of my
quicksearch) from the following:

1. Blank page (open a new tab):

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJ%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88

OK!

2. From a WWWJDIC page (encoding: EUC-JP)

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJ%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88

OK!

3. From a random Shit_JIS page:

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJ%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88

OK!

So whatever problem I was having is now fixed. Which is good for me
but bad for the archives, in that no-one having the same problem can
learn from my situation.

Thanks for the tip, Mr. President! ;)

--
Cheers,